Whether you have exclusively silver jewelry in your wardrobe or you have a few beautiful special pieces, at some point, you may look for the best way to take care of your stunning jewelry. When it comes to Genuine 925 sterling silver, it normally contains 92.5% pure silver and other metals.
Pandora accessories are extremely popular among jewelry lovers because of their affordability and malleability. But, do you know that sterling silver can get easily tarnished because of its composition.
If you find that your silver bracelets, silver necklace, silver earrings, silver rings, or/and other silver accessories have become dark or appear dirty, it does not mean that you need to neglect that piece or get rid of it.
Let’s have a look at a few easy-to-follow tips that can help you learn how to take care of your sterling silver jewelry.
How To Prevent Tarnish On Sterling Silver?
The best way is to know about the harmful things to your sterling silver jewelry. Wearing your jewelry on a regular basis can combat tarnish. These tips will help you to keep your jewelry lasts for years to come.
- Many of you may not believe the fact that wearing sterling silver often helps keep it shiny. The natural oils in your skin prevent tarnish. So, instead of letting your silver charms and other accessories in a jewelry box unworn, wear them regularly.
- Avoid wearing silver during household chores. The substances present in household cleaners and chlorinated water will increase tarnish. So, remove your silver before cleaning.
- Another tip to prevent tarnish in sterling silver is to keep your jewelry out of direct sunlight. When you are going to the beach or pool, make sure to remove your silver jewelry.
- It is really good if you put your sterling silver jewelry on last. The products such as lotions, makeup, hair sprays, and perfumes trigger tarnish. So, wearing silver on last has a good reason.
How To Clean Sterling Silver Jewelry?
There are a number of at-home methods to clean your sterling silver jewelry. Here are some of the effective ways for your at-home silver cleaning.
- Using soap and water is the most recommended method.
- You can also use a mixture of baking soda and water. Apply a small amount on a clean cloth or a toothbrush, and rub it gently on the jewelry.
- Another method to remove heavy tarnish is the mixture of white vinegar and baking soda. Soak your sterling silver in this mixture for 2-3 hours and rinse it.
You can use these methods as often as needed. It will also work great in removing tarnish as it builds.